From: Matthew Austern (austern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-10 17:13:09

Beman Dawes wrote:

> Thanks to Matt for putting the meeting together, and to Bjarne for acting
> as host.

And thanks to Beman and Dave for coming all the way to New Jersey
to talk to us, in the middle of some truly awful weather!

I don't have very much to say right now except to echo Beman: Andy,
Bjarne, John, and I are very interested in helping the C++ community,
we're especially interested in library design, and we think that freely
avaliable C++ libraries are important. The work that BOOST does in
promoting the development and use of high-quality libraries is valuable,
and we plan to work with BOOST.

As some of you have probably noticed, I've been lurking on this list
for a while and posting occasionally. I plan to increase my
participation.

We're working on a few projects now that we plan to submit to BOOST,
and, as Dave says, we're also thinking about other things that could
be useful to the C++ community in other ways.

                        --Matt