From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-13 08:28:24

At 04:29 AM 1/13/2001 -0600, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>> I've also wondered about a two-tier approach to this sort of
problem. A
>> single component (slist in this case) with a reasonable set of design
>> choices but not a whole lot of parameterization. And then a generator
>> (slist_generator) for those who care enough to be willing to learn who
>> use the parameterization.
>
>That's that I think is a close-to-optimal solution; but I would rather
>reverse the layers - 'slist_generator' would be a basic layer, and
'slist'
>would be just one of a few pre-configured cases that together would cover
>most of the common usage patterns/constraints.

Yes, that would be better once slist_generator become available.

By the way, Krzysztof Czarnecki and Ulrich Eisenecker have kindly given
permission for us to boostify the metactrl header, and have sent along a
boost acceptable license and some supporting docs.

Would someone like to take that boostification on as a project?

--Beman