From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-14 22:51:36

I don't see a benefit of the inheritance hierarchy for boost purposes. You
say the benefit is that it reduces checking to a pointer conversion...
but this makes little difference because causing the compiler error is
easy. We could just as easily use boost static assert with is_associative.

  template <class Domain, class Op>
  class AssociativeConcept {
  public:
    void constraints() {
      function_requires< BinaryOpConcept<Domain, Op> >();
      BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(is_associative<Domain, OP>::value);
    }
  };

It looks like the above gets the job done, and is extremely simple.

Are there other advantages to the inheritance hierarchy?