From: Mark D Rintoul (rintoul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-18 13:02:08

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> The idea to extend the goal of boost to provide more algorithms supports one
> of the central ideas of the STL: to make it possible to develop new
> containers for stl-algorithms _and_ new algorithms for stl containers (or
> both).
>
> [nice little algorithms cut out]

        I think this is a great direction for boost. Perhaps a detailed
algorithmic analysis of what sort of constructions can and cannot be
done
using existing STL algorithms, and how one might create a fundamental
base of algorithms which filled all of the holes. I personally have
found the
for_each/transform family of algorithms lacking all of the necessary
members. There are many fundamental loop structures that could be
nicely done if there were a for_each_if and a transform_if, and also
a two member for_each function (akin to the two member transform).

        Danny

--
Mark D. (Danny) Rintoul, Dept. 9235