From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-18 15:03:18

At 07:42 PM 1/18/2001 +0100, Jens Maurer wrote:

>> SourceForge has an FTP facility we are not using now. How about
>> that?
>
>Much better. Read
> http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=792&group_id=1
>for instructions.

Clear as mud if you've never heard of scp. But Google has heard of it, so
I'll give it a try.

>> (But I don't know if it is possible to link to it.)
>
>Should be. Try this:
>
> ftp://boost.sourceforge.net/pub/boost/regression-logs/

Worked fine, except that the SourceForge ftp server is so slow the
connection kept timing out. I also got a message:

If you find that this server is slow please try our
  much faster httpd server @
                         http://download.sourceforge.net
but couldn't get that server to work for boost. Oh well.

>You can upload with "scp" with your Sourceforge account, so you
>can put everything in a batch file.

scp isn't working for me. I tried:

scp win32.zip beman_dawes_at_[hidden]:/home/groups/ftp/
  pub/boost/regression-logs
Password:

I responded with my password, and got:

scp: /home/groups/ftp/pub/boost/regression-logs/win32.zip: Permission
denied

What scp command did you use?

--Beman