From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-18 17:18:27

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Clear as mud if you've never heard of scp.

It works like a normal "copy" command, except that one of the
files can be a remote one. scp will transparently open a
ssh remote shell (similar to telnet, just secure) and transport
the file's contents through the channel.

> > ftp://boost.sourceforge.net/pub/boost/regression-logs/
>
> Worked fine, except that the SourceForge ftp server is so slow the
> connection kept timing out.

Strange, for me it's working blindingly fast.

> I also got a message:
>
> If you find that this server is slow please try our
> much faster httpd server @
> http://download.sourceforge.net
> but couldn't get that server to work for boost. Oh well.

That may be an explicit mirror burdened with some cron job
delay. I'll check back tomorrow.

> scp: /home/groups/ftp/pub/boost/regression-logs/win32.zip: Permission
> denied

Sorry, my fault. The regression-logs directory did not have group
write permissions turned on. Now fixed. Please try again.

> What scp command did you use?

scp linux.log.gz jmaurer_at_[hidden]:/home/groups/ftp/pub/boost/regression-logs/

Jens Maurer