From: dwolfram_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-01-19 16:49:49

Hi,

I am a Program Manager on the Visual C++ Team. We are interested in
your experiences of using third-party C++ libraries and library
collections. More specifically,

1. Which third-party libraries do you use?

2. If you cannot use Visual C++ with these libraries, what are the
causes of this? For example, does the library require partial
template specialization support? Do other issues also prevent you
from using the library with Visual C++?

3. If you are a library developer, what workarounds or design
constraints were required for compatibility with Visual C++? What
were the most significant ones? Did the workarounds or constraints
have performance impacts?

4. Are you mainly a "consumer" or "producer" of library templates?

I hope to hear from you, and shall summarize the replies if they are
numerous.

David Wolfram
Program Manager, Visual C++ Compiler Team