From: Sandra Carney (scarney_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-19 17:04:11

> Hi,
>
> I am a Program Manager on the Visual C++ Team. We are interested in
> your experiences of using third-party C++ libraries and library
> collections. More specifically,
>
> 1. Which third-party libraries do you use?
     1. Rogue-Wave
     2. STL
     3. Playing with some of the Boost stuff
     4. TeleUSE
     5. Qhull

> 2. If you cannot use Visual C++ with these libraries, what are the
> causes of this? For example, does the library require partial
> template specialization support? Do other issues also prevent you
> from using the library with Visual C++?
>
> 3. If you are a library developer, what workarounds or design
> constraints were required for compatibility with Visual C++? What
> were the most significant ones? Did the workarounds or constraints
> have performance impacts?

For 3. and 4., I work in a Unix environment. Another developer
in our group is experimenting with Visual C++.

> 4. Are you mainly a "consumer" or "producer" of library templates?
     Both. Use STL but am also developing a heavily modified version
     of the CppUnit testing framework in which I have extended the
     templatization already there and am using it in other ways.