From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-20 18:14:19

I've been using Jens' new regression testing program, and it's truly great!
I've been able to get a bunch more tests to pass with only a small time
investment, and more importantly, I can see what I break when I make
changes. At the moment I have two problems with it:

1. There's really too much output to get a quick, clear view of what might
have been broken. What I really want is to have the testing system compare
the results I'm getting with the previously-checked-in state and tell me how
many tests I've broken (and what I've fixed!)

2. Programs which fail at runtime typically give me no feedback about why
they've failed, and I don't know how to get a test to run under the
debugger.

Jens, I'd like to help address both of these problems; if we could get them
solved I think we'd have a really great development framework.

-Dave