From: Gregory Seidman (gseidman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-21 13:36:40

Dean Sturtevant sez:
} Now that I have some spare time, I'd like to work on putting together
} a proposal for a boost debug mode. But only if there's a good chance
} that the proposal would be accepted. Here is an outline of some of
} the things I'm considering.
[namespaces and such]

Perhaps I am being naive in asking this, but if I don't I expect someone
will eventually. Why not just use #ifndef NDEBUG? It keeps things
consistent with cassert and, like cassert, allows automatic building of
debugging and optimized versions. Of course, with any system we devise it
is possible for the end programmer to put the #ifndef NDEBUG in his own
code, but much of the point of boost is to make less work for the
programmer.

What is the win of a scheme other than NDEBUG?

} - Dean
--Greg