From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-21 15:58:01

David Abrahams wrote:
> boost/detail/iterator.hpp is kind of a wierd case. It obviously can't supply
> all of std::iterator_traits on broken compilers, but it can give us
> iterator_category and difference_type. Also, boost/iterator.hpp doesn't
> purport to supply /everything/ in <iterator> (e.g. std::istream_iterator<>),
> so I don't think your policy works as written.

It could "#include <iterator>" and have using declaration for everything
it doesn't (or cannot) fix. Thus, non-broken configurations, we can simply
have "using std::XXX" in namespace boost.

> > (A <limits> file for gcc would fit in there nicely.)
>
> That would be a /big/ help!

Define the structure where to put it properly, and I'll provide one
with a boost-compatible copyright (unlike the one in boost/pending).

Jens Maurer