From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-29 16:26:42

on 1/28/01 10:57 PM, Jens Maurer at Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Daryle Walker wrote:
>>
>> Is there or could there be a class template that can return the smallest
>> unsigned type for a given number of bits? I guess the interface could be
>> like:
>
> See libs/integer/integer.htm, waiting for your request since August 1999. :-)

Thanks! I have two comments:

1. Should there be conditional code to allow "unsigned long long" and "long
long" base types?
2. In the notes for "int_least_helper," you could explain why there isn't
specializations for "0" and "5" (guess: to allow errors if the bit count is
above all the built-in types). Unfortunately, my [1] idea could make your
number system difficult.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie