From: George A. Heintzelman (georgeh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-14 15:54:22

Hi boosters,

It's known and documented that the boost distribution is done on
MS-DOS, so we get those annoying ^M's in our files on Unix
(specifically in my case, Solaris). The solution is supposedly to use
-a on unzip, which I do, but that is failing to remove them. As far as
I can see, it is because all the text files are packaged up with zip
(my version being InfoZip 5.40) thinking that they are actually in
binary mode.

This has been true of several boost releases. Of course, it's not that
hard to run dos2unix on everything, but it would be nice if this got
fixed. Or am I missing something?

George Heintzelman
georgeh_at_[hidden]