From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-20 07:23:11

Dan,

>I've never seen this before... Do you know more specific details such
>as OS and gcc version?
>If you have a test program I can test it out with gcc 2.95.2.

I can reproduce this with on either BeOS or on SUSE linix (with or without
STLPort).

To reproduce:

build the library with the gcc-shared.mak make file and copy the .so output
files to your path.

go to the libs/regex/demo/regress directory and build:

make -fgcc.mak debug

run the tests:

./r2 tests.txt

you should see "abort" printed out.

If you set a breakpoint in reg_expression<char>::fail, you should see that
this is called several times - some from within the exe, and once from
within the .so (the ultimate caller is RegEx::RegEx I think), it's the
latter occurance that fails. I've been meaning to try moving the throw
statement into some non-template code in the library, and see if that fixes
it, but I haven't had a chance yet...

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/