From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-24 13:35:14

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Bellve" <Karl.Bellve_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2001 9:13 AM
Subject: RE: [boost] Python and C++

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, David Abrahams wrote:
>

> > What does "load a new instance of the class inside Python" mean? I don't
> > think I can answer your question unless you use terms I can understand.
>
> It means that I have already loaded the class in my application. The
> application already did a "class House *Home = new House;"
>
> I then want to pass this instance to Python (home). Because Home now has
> variables setup in my application, like how many pieces of furniture,
> number of windows, etc.

OK, sorry. Your terminology "loaded" is a bit confusing. Standard usage
would be "created", "constructed", or informally "newed-up".

In that case, see recent postings from Philip Plumlee and me. His
interpretation of your problem is correct.

> > I believe that part of your application is looking for the debug version
of
> > the python library, as described at
> > http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html. Please read the
section
> > about the Microsoft Project workspace.
>
> I am linking to the debug version of python. It seems boost doesn't want
> to and wants to link to the release version of python. How do you crrect
> boost into linking with the debug version? If it is answered in the above
> docs, nevermind, I will go read them. Otherwise, I guess I must link to
> the normal version of python....

It is indeed covered in those docs, but in short, #define
BOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON.

-Dave