From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-25 14:25:32

Hi Larry,

Sounds like there are some interesting ideas here, though I must admit I'm
having trouble getting though all the abbreviations and strange semi-colon
placement.

Here's what I got out of it:

from(s) equivalent to Blitz's Range(s,all)
upto(f) equivalent to Blitz's Range(all,f)
frto(s,f) equivalent to Blitz's Range(s,f)

nextAx() not sure what this does...

And an expansion vector is basically a utility class that includes all the
information necessary to specify an arbitrary sub-array of some multi-dim
array?

What I like here is the ability to string-along slicing information in a
convenient manner. I've been thinking along the same lines. However, I
think we can find a notation that will be understood more easily by
main-stream programmers.

Cheers,
Jeremy