From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-29 00:30:46

Are there any good articles written on how to do this named parameter
thing for template functions? If not, would someone explain to me how it
works?

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, David Abrahams wrote:

abraha> I have 3. The one interesting one is the idea of using a named parameters
abraha> interface for some of the algorithms. For example, the only way to pass a
abraha> WeightMap to dijkstra_shortest_paths is to use the version of the algorithm
abraha> that takes all 7 possible parameters! If instead, the algorithm could be
abraha> invoked thus,
abraha>
abraha> dijkstra_shortest_paths(g, start,
abraha> weight_map(my_weights).visitor(my_visitor))
abraha>
abraha> the interface would be far simpler.
abraha>
abraha> The other two are more mundane suggestions for the docs:
abraha>
abraha> 1. Put a link to the TOC prominently at the top of the introduction page.
abraha> It's a bit buried, and some people want to go directly to a user manual to
abraha> get a survey of features.
abraha>
abraha> 2. Begin using "Boost.Graph" or "boost::graph" instead of "BGL".
abraha>
abraha> -Dave
abraha>
abraha>
abraha> To unsubscribe, send email to: <mailto:boost-unsubscribe_at_[hidden]>
abraha>
abraha>
abraha> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
abraha>
abraha>
abraha>

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906