From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-02 04:55:52

William Kempf wrote:
> Most of us have written code to parse command lines.

Or classes to do it :)

[snip]

> So... I set out and created a reusable parser that is configurable to
> accept various "traditional" styles, both Unix and Windows/DOS with
> several variants on both, and that allows you to interpret the
> options/switches in accordance with it's locality on the command line.
>
> This isn't your typical Boost library, but I was wondering if there
> would be interest any way?

I am very interested too. IMO a command line parser is a perfectly
appropriate library for Boost. Also, I believe that there is some relevant
prior art on the topic that we might want to study / get ideas from. For
what it's worth, here is a link to one of such sources - Brad Appleton's
"Options" library -
http://www.enteract.com/~bradapp/ftp/src/libs/C++/Options.html.

Aleksey