From: Eric Newhuis (enewhuis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-02 15:05:53

I just finished implementing a dandy little polymorphic serialization
framework that uses iostreams and some glue to save mementos of (somewhat)
arbitrary object webs to a stream and to puff them up, with potentially
circular references intact, from an istream.

Is there interest in something like this for the boost libraries?

Although I've already finished a cute little library that suits me just
fine, I think there are some loftier goals that could perchance find
themselves tangled in the mess I call serializable. Serializaboost?

For instance, a less-intrusive manner whereby a base class need not be
present to supply the grounding of type safety and smart pointerisms might
find solution in a boost variant.

Also present are pest macros, performance considerations, and platform
nimbleness issues.