From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-12 15:18:27

At 06:31 AM 3/11/2001, Paul Moore wrote:

>While I don't like Yahoo's policies either, getting stuff off CVS is not
>easy for me (no CVS experties, and a firewall which prevents me from
>using it at my main computer).

At least a few others have the same problem.

>For that matter, why can't we switch completely to SourceForge? They
>have a mailing list facility, and if the FTP area will work like the
Vault,
>then we can use that as well.

Their administrative tools (or lack thereof) would cause an increase in
workload. While it may look smooth from the outside, from the inside using
SourceForge isn't always fun or easy. They have their ups and downs.

A more likely alternative is hosting at a University site where we would
have full access and control over our own resources. That becomes
available to us in the late spring or early summer, and we will look at it
harder then.

>I was perfectly happy with Egroups, but I have no love for Yahoo.

Yeah, Yahoo has managed to burn up any residual goodwill leftover from
Egroups, IMO.

Thanks,

--Beman