From: Toon Knapen (toon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-14 12:46:23

lums_at_[hidden] wrote:
> The present release (of MTL) does
> not have expression templates. However, Jeremy has created a high-
> performance expression template layer for MTL. So, there is an
> available library that implements most of these things, and one in
> development that implements them all. (I am trying to get more
> person-power to devote to this so hopefully things will accelerate
> soon.)

So how about using MTL 3.0 then as a starting point for the Boost
library.
I even suggest to boostify it now so that boost person-power
can be added to the effort.

You also mentioned/suggested that a layered approach should be taken :
a linear algebra lib on top of a general matrix lib (matrix lib users
will only find the LA functionality bloat). I totally agree with this
approach. Is this also the way it's implemented in MTL 3.0 currently ?

Toon Knapen				toon_at_[hidden]
Si-Lab
Albert I laan 113			tel:+32/2/3060451
B-1800 Vilvoorde, Belgium		mobile: +32/486/149048