From: Phlip (pplumlee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-02 19:41:30

Proclaimed Jesse Jones from the mountaintops:

> There's Whisper,
> <http://www.halcyon.com/www3/jesjones/Whisper/Home.html>. I'm biased
> but it leverages C++ better than any framework I've ever seen. It's
> Mac/Win32 only though...
>
> It makes heavy use of template callback objects, STL, standard
> strings, exceptions, design by contract, XML to stream in views, and
> compile-time type checking of events. Whisper 2.0 also has a COM like
> object library that isn't nearly as lame as classic COM. I've been
> using it to great effect to define widgets. It brings many of the
> advantages of a more dynamic language than traditional C++ and also
> makes it possible to write modular apps.

Is it Test-First?

One FAQ on the ExtremeProgramming fora is "how do I CodeUnitTestFirst a
GUI?" Once when folks were providing the standard answers (either Don't or
Just Muddle Thru) Kent Beck replied that we never expect enough of our
tools.

If a UI were invented via TestDrivenDesign from scratch, you could easily
extend it to test your specific UI forms first too.

It's just a thought...

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp_at_[hidden]
============== http://phlip.webjump.com ==============