From: Serge Barral (sbarral_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-03 06:33:03

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 22:17:37 Peter Schmitteckert wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > I see. But then what's the type of a subarray of subarray?
> Shouldn't that just be a subarray?

I naively thought that since a first level subarray contains a reference to
a multi_array, a subarray of subarray should contain a reference to a
subarray and would thus be of a different type (unless run-time
polymorphism is used, but this is probably not a recommended solution for
numeric arrays).

I guess your idea is that a subarray of subarray could reference only the
top-level multi_array and compute the topology of the slice with respect to
this top-level array. I must say I overlooked this possibility.

       Serge