From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-03 11:16:25

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>; <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Running the gauntlet to report bugs

> I agree very much with both Kevin and Dave, but I'm drowning in
> administrative work. Dave, why don't you set up the SourceForge bug
> tracker, and write a prototype web page for the boost site telling users
> what to do (or with a form to fill out

Okay, I did the first part. Interested parties should take a look at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=7586 and let me know what they
think.
I also added a boost-bugs mailing list at sourceforge, which will get a
broadcast email each time a new bug is added. Library maintainers are
/strongly/ encouraged to subscribe to boost-bugs at
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/boost-bugs so that you may hear
about reported bugs. I'd like to get some people hooked up to this system
before we advertise it to the world at large.

> The web site supports the
> FrontPage mechanism to automatically email a form to whoever you want. If
> you write the page, and get SourceForge set up, I'll make the FrontPage
> form mailer work. If SourceForge works that way.)

Sorry, I guess I don't understand how the form mailer could be useful in
this context. The bug tracker is a web-based interface.

> We can try it out just among Boost members, and then loose it on the
public
> if it seems to be effective.

Sounds great.

-Dave