From: Moore, Paul (paul.moore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-04 07:22:53

From: yahoo_at_[hidden] [mailto:yahoo_at_[hidden]]
> >> <snip dreams of a cool mailing list managment tool/>
> > <snip a proposal/>
>
> I think that the problems are inherent to the mailing-list medium.
>
> With the overwhelming amount of mails, I wondered if mailing lists
> can scale at all. I thought maybe a web log (a la Slashdot) would be
> useful. We could have per library topics, and see threads of
> discussion.

Silly question, but isn't this precisely what Usenet news is good at? Could
we set up a news server which hosted a boost hierarcy?

Umph. I just realised that I wouldn't be able to get access, as my company's
firewall prevents access to any news servers other than their own...

Isn't it a pity that the internet is dying? :-) :-(

Paul.