From: jk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-05 02:30:07

5 Apr 2001 11:04:29 +0400 David Abrahams wrote:
>ParameterAdapter template has all the problems I alluded to: it is
>overloaded for a limited number of argumeents,

It's better than nothing. I cannot imagine some API, standard or not, where
are functions with more than, say, 6 arguments; if there is more, it is sign
not to use this API (for me). So traits for functions having up to 10
parameters is absolutely enough. It is not perfect, but it will work and will
be useful. Anyway we cannot get better solution with the language as it is
now.

>and can't handle non-const or
>volatile reference arguments. Am I missing something?

Is it something that cannot be solved with function traits (non-existed yet:)
with the help of call_traits?

--
jk