From: David Allan Finch (sarum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-05 04:38:34

Hamish Mackenzie wrote:

> I think instead we should consider all types of interface first and try to
> determine areas of commonality that can be exploited. Then meta data can be
> added to allow the addition of features which are specific to a particular
> type of interface.

Rats, you beat me to it :-)
I was waiting a few days to see what the list thought of UI
etc and if they came up with something I had not thought
of in the passed.

But what I was going to say is that the problem is really an
Interface Interaction problem. What is need is a set of abstract
classes / template definitions that can be used to build Interface
systems with. These can then be specialized for Hosted,
and non-Hosted systems to interact with the OS, UI
or other event generating modules in a transparent way.

--
   /     The whole history of this invention has been a struggle
/\|/\    against time - Charles Babbage 1837 on the Analytical Engine
\___/    david.allan_at_[hidden] - http://www.ironfort.com