From: Kevin Dahlhausen (kdahlhaus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-08 13:32:50

David,

Thanks for your guidance. I'm not sure exactly what to add to the
request tracker at this time. Once I play with your suggestions and
the library a little more maybe I will know.

FYI - I/We have already wrapped the FLTK gui with SWIG and it
works OK. Then I learned about the BPL and subclassing C++
classes within Python is pretty darn amazing. Your function
overloading is much cleaner too. So, I'm prototyping a wrapper
with BPL to see what it's like.

I don't have the link right here, but long term I'm going to look into
generating the wrapper from gcc-xml output. GCC-xml is a
modified version of gcc that spits out an XML representation of the
C++ program. Wouldn't that be something?

On 8 Apr 2001, at 4:47, David Abrahams wrote:

> It's not the widget type that needs to be added to Boost, but the
> callback function pointer type Fl_Callback. Boost has no way of
> knowing what type such a function pointer should be converted into...

> In the meantime, you would have to create your own
> from_python/to_python functions.
Kevin Dahlhausen http://kpd.twu.net/
'Do' or 'do not.' There is no 'try.' -Yoda