From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-14 14:25:51

At 06:22 PM 4/13/2001, David Abrahams wrote:

>I do not want to leave Ralf hanging, but I'm not sure what to tell him.
He
>is making an important contribution to Boost.Python, and the generation
of
>missing <cxxx> headers is a useful contribution to boost overall,
>consistent
>with our mission. Does anyone have an idea about this?
>
>Perhaps we should start with a web page on library compatibility, with
>links to the new <limits> file for GCC and to Ralfs scripts/generated
>files...

Perhaps segregate the material in a Compatibility Library. Directory
location root/boost/compatibility/ for headers and
root/libs/compatibility/... for everything else.

Say up front in the index.html file that we hope these libraries can be
removed at some time in the future. But that until standard library
suppliers become more standard conforming, we supply workarounds which
allow Boost to be used on otherwise non-conforming platforms.

--Beman