From: krempp_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-17 17:36:39

> In this context, it is worth mentioning that Jose Orlando Pereira
has completely
> rewritten his XTL library. You might remember that XTL was the
second contender
> that was discussed back when the topic of persistence was on the
list.
> Jose based his rewrite of XTL on the comments from that
discussion. At the end,

from my previous glance, XTL tries to support more complex needs,
(like restoring pointers, maybe cyclic stuff..)
At that time, I had difficulty compiling it, there was a few non-std
things, so I could not really use it.

> you'll find the readme. He has not released the code publicly yet,
but if you
> ask for it, I'm sure you can get it.

I will do that, but since I only need to be able to save / load
nested containers, persistence is sufficient for me (and, I guess,
faster to fully understand).
I doubt XTL can be as simple to use as persistence, if designed to
support tricky things.
but well, glancing at a piece of code is always worth the time.

--
Sam