From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-24 17:57:36

I just posted version 16 of "crc.zip" to the vault. It's a reaction to some
PC problems with Borland, Metrowerks, Microsoft, and GCC at compile-time and
Comeau at run-time. Since I don't have a PC, nor any of the compilers used,
I guess at solutions from the error messages.

Unfortunately, one of the Metrowerks fixes involved undoing a GCC
workaround. Since GCC doesn't work anyway, I'm considering GCC a loss for
now. If anyone wants to come up with fixes for GCC that don't break other
compilers, please contact me. The code should be easy to understand, but
you can contact me if you have any questions.

Maybe the CRC library can go into the Beta Tools section for now.

Am I just unlucky, unprepared, or an unusual coder? Everyone seems to get
strange or internal errors from my code. At least I keep the compiler
writers on their toes. -_^

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie