From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-25 10:15:43

Hmm... I imagine how to explain this. I'm pretty sure that the STLPort
strings have debugging iterators (i.e. class types), so it seems like there
must be some other problem here. Certainly, defining __STL_DEBUG has always
been a reliable way to select STLport's debug mode... perhaps the symbol
changed?

Aha! It looks like STLPort has a new symbol prefix: _STLP_...
So if we are testing with newer STLport releases, we should be defining
_STLP_DEBUG.

-Dave