From: John (EBo) David (ebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-28 07:25:25

If this question is off topic my apologies up front...

I am starting a full rewrite of a bunch of my work (several years worth)
and want to support multiple languages from the getgo. I am curious to
find out what is the latest and greatest way of providing multi-lingual
support in C++? Most of what I've seen to date center around wide and
multi-byte character representations, facets, and locales. Is there any
equivalent to GNU's gettext? What is the state of the art?

References and suggestions greatly appreciated, chastisements humbly
accepted...

If no such thing exists, I will consider starting something for Boost.

  EBo --