From: David Taylor (davidtaylor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-31 07:28:22

Hi

I read about this idea with interest due to the confusing errors one gets
with templates.

I tried using it under Window NT 4 using the Microsoft C++ compiler.

One of the important aspects given in the motivating example was that the
location of the error was actually given in the list of error messages.

Try as I might I have not been able to get this to happen with my own
template errors.

Which of the following is true?
* Microsoft C++ compiler doesn't do this.
* To get it to work you need to set some defines or compiler options.
(If this then which?)
* It should work and there must be some other problem

Regards
David Taylor

David Taylor Email : DavidTaylor_at_[hidden]
Software Engineer
Ringwood Software Limited Web : http://www.ringwood.com
Ringwood House
Walton Street Tel : (01296) 432011 x244
Aylesbury
Bucks HP21 7QP Fax : (01296) 489776
        privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to
this
        message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended

or
        omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.

        Any attachments to this message have been checked for viruses, but
        you should rely on your own virus checker and procedures.

        If you contact us by e-mail, we will store your name and address to
        facilitate communications.