From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-04 16:59:58

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:

> [...]

Thanks. This is probably spelled out in your document but I failed
to comprehend it. This will definately help me out here.

> > Also, I did run into problems with Jam and long file names. For
> > Win32 the Boost.Threads library relies on the Platform SDK so I've
> > got an include line in the jamfile like this:
> >
> > <include>"c:/program files/microsoft platform sdk/include"
> >
> > With or with out the quotes this fails as Jam breaks the path at
any
> > space character. So, once again I had to resort to short file
names
> > like so:
> >
> > <include>C:/PROGRA~1/MIC977~1/INCLUDE
> >
> > Hopefully we can get the Jam developers to correct this one soon :
(.

> This may well be just a shortcoming in my Jam code. I'll try
expanding the
> sample project to include a pathname with a space.
>
> > Another thing I had to do was copy all the .JAM files and the
> > JAMRULES file from the build_system_2001_6_3 directory into my own
> > root directory. For now this is no big deal, but what's going to
be
> > the proper way to get this to work?
>
> The docs describe the TOOLSET_DIR variable:
>
> Toolset descriptions are located in the project's root directory,
or a
> directory specified by TOOLSET_DIR
>
> boost-base.jam, until it is merged into allyourbase.jam, has a
similar
> variable, BOOST_BASE_DIR, with a similar meaning. I'm open to other
> possibilities.

I tried to get this to work. I've used the following:

C:\boost\threads\src>set TOOLSET_DIR=c:\boost\build_system_2001_6_3
C:\boost\threads\src>set BOOST_BASE_DIR=c:\boost\build_system_2001_6_3
C:\boost\threads\src>jam -fc:\boost\build_system_2001_6_3
\allyourbase.jam

This results in the following output:

Jamrules: No such file or directory
.\features.jam: No such file or directory
Error: rule flags expects only a single free feature name when no
values are su
pplied. got ( <define> ) instead.

If I copy jamrules to the root of my project I get the following
slightly better result:

.\features.jam: No such file or directory
Error: rule flags expects only a single free feature name when no
values are su
pplied. got ( <define> ) instead.

If I copy features.jam then everything finally works. Is this what's
to be expected?

Bill Kempf