From: jeff_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-08 09:22:24

> >BTW, if you had a Python-based build system would you still use GNU make?
>
> I don't know. GNU make + sh is powerful enough for me, and I don't know yet
> what this hypothetical Python build system could offer. I'd give it a try,
> though.

I am in the same boat, mostly using GNU make for builds. I have also
participated in several large projects that have used GNU make for
multi-platform development. It is a fine tool.

For boost, however, I personally am eager to accept any solution which
translates the work of building boost downloading a tool (python or otherwise)
and running a preconfigured build script.

Jeff