From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-18 17:05:46

"build-development" branch of boost's "build" subdirectory in CVS.

Now supports building DLLs and (I think) shared libraries with GCC under
unix.
Major code cleanup and commenting; the Jam code should be relatively
understandable now.

I'm still shoring up the documentation, but even that has been improved
quite a lot, including a gentle introduction at one end, and a guide to Jam
internals at the other.

The time has come for others to contribute. I have implemented 4 toolset
descriptions, for GCC, Metrowerks, Borland, and MSVC, and I have tested them
under Windows 2000. I need experts in various compilers and platforms
(including these) to step forward with their own toolsets and tweaks for the
4 I've got.Various other jobs that someone needs to take on are listed in
the TODO.txt file in boost/build.

Jens, I'd like to converse with you about how to integrate the regression
test system with this.

Regards,
Dave