From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-24 17:48:19

At 04:40 PM 6/24/2001, David Abrahams wrote:

>The Intel column has lots of failures. IIRC, they've released v. 5.1 of
>their compiler. Maybe we should be testing with that.

I just checked their web site, Google, and Deja news. None seem to have
heard of it. Perhaps it isn't released publicly?

I also checked Cygwin yesterday to see if they were distributing GCC
3.0. Not yet. I'd like to wait for a public binary distribution before
upgrading, and have had good luck with Cygwin in the past. Also, I note
that the GCC release team is planning 3.0.1 for early August, so it may be
better to wait for that release anyhow.

--Beman