From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-26 10:16:58

The process we are using to assign review managers is too cumbersome. It
involves posting a request on the list, and then dealing with responses or
lack of them. Furthermore, I'm a bottleneck; if I'm not available or
distracted, things don't happen in a timely manner.

How about this for a new approach:

We build up a list of people will to be review managers, and simply rotate
through the list in order. Adjust as necessary if someone is unavailable
or doesn't want to do a particular lib. The list can stay in CVS so it is
available for inspection.

If we have 8 or 10 people on the list, that ensures that the workload and
responsibility get spread out reasonably.

Comments? Volunteers?

--Beman