From: John Max Skaller (skaller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-28 17:12:49

Jeremy Siek wrote:

> I am concerned with the compile-time and complexity issues of bringing in
> the whole tuple library when all I need is a two-argument bind().

That's a pragmatic concern at the moment, but I'd like to suggest
that the tuples library, when Standardised, should strongly
recommend support for tuples of up to 10,000 elements.
In other words, there'd be no header file at all,
the compiler would have to generate instances on demand.

This gets rid of the compile time overhead completely,
allows a reasonable limit on the size of tuples,
allows important optimisations, and may be mandatory
for generalising certain other library components
efficiently.

--
John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller_at_[hidden]
New generation programming language Felix  http://felix.sourceforge.net