From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-28 21:49:41

Maybe I read too much into Hubert's mail, but this section is what prompted
me to bring it up:

"This namespace would contain atanh, sinc and sinhc, and would
welcome other such functions. It would also enable one to have,
perhaps, templated sin, cos and friend functions, which have non-
templated forms in the standard"

When you start defining free functions like sin and cos, it is natural to
wonder how they should be used in generic code, and how a user-defined
numeric type should interoperate with that code.

-Dave