From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-29 19:34:21

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, David Abrahams wrote:
> So, let's get concrete:
>
> If I am writing a generic algorithm to work on "pow-able" numbers, how do I
> call boost::special_functions::pow() (qualified or unqualified)?
>
> If I am a non-boost library writer making a numeric type that should work
> with the above generic algorithm, how do I define pow() for my type?

And don't forget to consider std::complex in this! The functions for this
type live in namespace std. So either the generic algorithm should call
pow() unqualified or we need to somehow import pow() (and all other
functions) for std::complex (and any other numeric type) into
boost::math::special_functions.

Also, I don't like the idea of nesting the matrix stuff inside
boost::math::numeric. Three levels is a bit much. I'd much prefer linear
algebra stuff to just go in boost::numeric.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate, IU B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Summer Manager, AT&T Research phone: (973) 360-8185