From: Toon Knapen (toon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-05 13:47:28

David Abrahams wrote:

> [...]

I do care since I would like to fully adopt the guidelines and also
think the guidelines should be well designed to meet also the criteria
for multi-million codeline projects (as is C++ itself)

I still prefer uppercase first letter for classes. That if the library
would be later accepted into the standard and the class needs to be all
lowercase : so be it. The namespace will also be changed at that point
... so some adaption will always be required. The standard library will
probably also be small enough to prevent such clashes. Big projects on
top of the standard library probably not.

That much of existing code would have to be adapted is not a real
argument is it. Your intention is to define well engineered guidelines
to be used in the future. Don't blur your design with the past.
Certainly in this case where you just have to spend a day max to convert
to the new guidelines.

> of
> protocol
> > >
> > > Doxygen also responds to ///...
> > > Are /** ... */ really needed for anything?
> >
> > Yep, but this is for one-liners AFAIK. I'll have to check if this gives
> > the same results as /** ... */
>
> I think it works if the ///s are on consecutive lines, but I could be wrong.
you're right. I just tried it and it works.