From: martinschuerch_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-12 03:46:24

--- In boost_at_y..., "Greg Colvin" <gcolvin_at_u...> wrote:
> From: Kevlin Henney <kevlin_at_c...>
> > In message <073401c0b04d$7c592040$37781990_at_u...>, Greg Colvin
> > <gcolvin_at_u...> writes
> > >From: Kevlin Henney <kevlin_at_c...>
> > >
> > >Yes, but that's as far as it got. I think the name was
> > >do_dynamic_cast, and it was supposed to work with both raw
> > >and smart pointers. Now that we have boost/cast.hpp we
> > >have a home for such a beast, and could do worse than just
> > >implementing a polymorphic_cast for shared_ptr.
> >
> > Yes, I vaguely recall now.
> >
> > I presume you are suggesting a polymorphic_cast definition just
after
> > the definition of shared_ptr, rather than coupling the two headers
> > together?
>
> Sounds like a plan.

I would very appreciate some downcast of shared_ptr in boost. At the
moment I'm using a hack similar as posted in related mails. But for a
proper solution there has to be some support of shared_ptr.

Is there any work in progress for this subject?
Should I make a feature request in the tracking system?

Martin