From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-16 06:00:56

Peter Dimov writes:
[registration of operators]
>Now we are very close to a simple but full-featured scripting language. :-)
>
>What do you think? [The above can be implemented with no changes to
>boost::any, I believe.]

Given that this is similar to one of the ways that I use any and part of
its original intent (and I believe it was discussed on the list this way
back when), I am naturally inclined to agree that it's a good idea ;-)

This is basic layering, keeping concerns separate, and requires no
changes to the any class per se. This facility can be made on a
customised, per-application basis, or a standard/common approach can be
formalised as a Boost library layered on top of any. Based on your
previous work in this area, do you or anyone else have any interest in
working on this?

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Limited mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289
  http://www.curbralan.com