From: John Max Skaller (skaller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-20 14:15:40

David Abrahams wrote:

> Sorry, John, I had a bad day yesterday.

        No problem.

> In your first command-line, you left off the ".jam":
>
> > [root_at_pelican] ~/links/flx/boost/build>jam -fallyourbase.jam
> ^^^^

        Yes, so I discovered.

> Doing that will just test the build system. Don't expect it to build boost;
> not enough people have adopted the build system yet for it to do that.

        Thats fine. I particularly want to build the threads library,
which does use Jam.

> The one that "did something" should be building and testing Boost.Python.
> You obviously have a different Python installed than I do, or it's installed
> in a nonstandard location. The Python Jamfile uses the following by default:

        Yes. I'm running 2.0:

[root_at_pelican] ~/links/flx/boost/build>python -V
Python 2.0

The build can execute python -V to find out?

--
John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller_at_[hidden]
New generation programming language Felix  http://felix.sourceforge.net