From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-24 16:35:20

At 04:54 PM 7/24/2001, David Abrahams wrote:

>We are not a standards body (we are more like a library vendor) and as
such
>I disagree here. I want to continue to maintain a high QOI here at boost
>and I don't think it would be a mistake to mandate it.

"mandate" sounds too dogmatic. "strongly encourage" sounds better.

Once a set of guidelines has been widely used for a period of time, and
corner cases identified and dealt with, then you can lobby for applying
more of the guidelines more of the time. Eventually they might even be
complete enough to lobby for following them 100% of the time. But that is
a long way off. Pressing too hard now will just turn people off. They
aren't even at release 1.0 yet.

--Beman