From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-02 06:30:34

>BOOST_HAS_THREADS and BOOST_NO_THREADS conflict. The Boost.Threads
>library only uses BOOST_HAS_THREADS and any need to check for the
>opposite only requires a boolean not operation. One or the other
>should go away, and I think you know which I'd vote to keep ;).

I take your point - however something I've been asked for in the regex lib
is the ability to turn off threading support, even if the compiler thinks
it's in multithread mode. In other words BOOST_HAS_THREADS gets turned on
automatically if one of: _MT __MT__, _REENTRANT or _PTHREADS is defined,
*unless* BOOST_NO_THREADS is defined. The logic is also in place in the
config headers to make sure that these two are mutually exclusive, with
BOOST_NO_THREADS taking precedence. BTW this is very similar to the way in
which STLport does things...

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/