From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-08-22 08:10:51

> DONT USE C ARRAYS. DO NOT PROVIDE ANY SUPPORT FOR THEM.
> THEY'RE BROKEN. THEY DESTROY THE C++ TYPE SYSTEM.

As has been pointed out, programmers use C arrays a lot. I just think that
we've uncovered a wart in the language: array new should return an array
type, not pointer type. I do not believe arrays are evil; and I'm glad that
the STL was designed in a way to support them.

Everyone uses arrays sometimes. Why, even in my own code, I find I'm prone
to writing:
  "a string" // type: array of constant characters
instead of:
  array<char, 9>("a string") // type: (rvalue) array<char, 9>

;)

        -Steve