From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-08-28 07:25:37

> These comments still very helpful, but why didn't you put the
preconditions
> and postconditions directly into assert's, at least some of them? Everyone
> knows how to turn asserts off.

Which also forces all of their own asserts off.

> Do you mean deallocate(NULL)? If so, I can see that it is STLport bug.

Yes. STLPort isn't alone in this -- AFAIK, only g++ handles this correctly.

> May I forward your answer into STLport forum, if you don't want to report
the
> bug yourself? There is now release candidate of STLport 4.1, and the bug
is
> still there.

No, I'll report it myself. I was under the impression that I had already
submitted it, but a search in their archives didn't turn up anything -- I
must have forgotten to do it. So, thanks for bringing this up!

        -Steve